Key Stage 2 Curriculum
In Key Stage 2 all our pupils follow the national curriculum for key stage 2. We follow the Wordsmith scheme of work for English, Abacus for Maths and Science bug for Science.
Key Stage 2 regularly have educational trips to help reinforce their learning.
See the Key Stage 2 curriculum plan for 2017-18 here.
See how our Year 6 pupils did in their end of Key Stage SATS tests in 2016/17 here.
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
In Key Stage 3 we following much the same National Curriculum as other mainstream schools in the area. This allows for a better reintegration back into mainstream education when they are ready.
Subjects taught are as follows:
- Life Skills
- Social Skills
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Design and Technology
You can find the Key Stage 3 curriculum plan for 2017-18 here.
Key Stage 3/4 Alternative Provision and Independent Schools
In Key Stage 2, 3 and 4, we manage the education for over 200 students who are taught offsite at a number of Alternative Provisions within the Nottingham area.
The providers we use are:
- Catch 22
- Notts County Football Club - Football in the Community Scheme
- FUEL - First Universal Enterprise Ltd
- RISE Learning Zone
- Take 1 Studio's
- Buxton Training
- Fresh Start
- Crisp Vocational
- Nottingham Tutorial College
- Nottingham Education
- Phoenix Aspirational Learning
- First Class Tailored Solutions
- REAL Education
- SEND Project
- CP Riverside
- Naenda Shule
- Baby People
- EdLounge - the Virtual Learning Environment
- For this, you will require a login that the Admissions and Reintegration Team will have supplied you.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Our nurture group are based on the learning centre site and doing the following activities:
- Function Skills Maths
- Function Skills English
- AIM awards in a wide range of units (eg, food technology, hospitality, horticulture)
- Food technology
- Offsite Visits
Have a look at our GCSE, Functional Skills and vocational qualifications our pupils gained in 2016/17 here.